Doug and Carl talk to Frances and Peter about their finances. Topics include Coast FI, real estate investing, emergency funds, and civet coffee (google it, we dare you!).
- Intro: A crazy purchase. Team Asparagus.
- Coast FI
- Should they invest in more real estate?
- The great “paying off the house” debate rages on
- Were they too Frugal?
- Frances and Peter’s numbers
- The Ideal Life
- $125,000 in investments is a great start, but suggest getting that number bigger before coasting.
- Since their income is good, consider a solo 410(k) to reduce taxable income.
- Settle your house situation to get the money off the sidelines.
- $40,000 is a lot to have in cash. Consider deploying some of that into investment accounts.
- Don’t sacrifice happiness now. Live life, even if it takes a little longer to retire.
Listener Question: What did Doug and Carl get right? What did they get wrong? What advice would you give Frances and Peter?
Do you love Mile High FI? Sure you do. We all do, except for that one YouTube troll. But who cares about him anyway. Support us over at Buy Me A Coffee.
- Frances’ bookkeeping service
- Coast FI with the FIoneers
- Mile High FI on Youtube
- Mile High FI Facebook Group
- Support Mile High FI
- Get a Mile High FI t-shirt
- Doug’s site
- Carl’s blog: 1500 Days
Join the Mile High FI Club – It’s our email list!
Get MHFi Merch – It helps support the show. Get t-shirts & more
**Disclaimer: The podcast is for informational purposes. Maybe entertainment but we won’t even make such a claim. You shouldn’t take the info as financial, legal, or tax advice. We aren’t certified financial planners or advisors. We’re not qualified for much. So get advice from professionals.**
Brought To You By:
Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1:27 Coffee & asparagus
7:57 Case study background
18:29 Housing Pt. 1
29:33 Frugal in recovery
35:57 Ideal $10MM life
46:30 The numbers
59:09 Housing Pt. 2
1:04:39 Final advice
1:11:57 Soundcheck – The big event