Grab your headphones for an eclectic episode of Mile High FI with hosts Carl Jensen and Doug Cunnington where they chat with special guest Mindy Jensen. They dive into life with a Tesla, the unforeseen hazards of owning one, and smart college fund investments for children. They also share their personal experiences from the recent FinCon conference and future financial independence retreats. In the soundcheck they embark on an entertaining journey reminiscing about a recent Guns N’ Roses concert, their insightful views on the band’s performance, and the unique aging crowd demographic. Poised amid finance and rock, their hearty banter is filled with sharp insights and humor, making this episode a must-listen.
Do you love Mile High FI? You betcha! Support us over at Buy Me A Coffee.
Save 50% site-wide on your new mattress, pillow, and bedding over at GhostBed (coupon code: MILEHIGHFI)
- Get your A.S.S. eggnog lube: MileHighFI.com/ASS
- Wim Hof
- Paula Pant/Afford Anything
- JD Roth
- Steve Stewart
- Brad Barrett/ChooseFI
- Joel Larsgaard/How To Money
- Jordan Grumet
- Andrew Giancola/The Personal Finance Podcast
- Pete Adeney/Mr. Money Mustache
- Original 4% Rule article from Bill Bengen
- Quit Like a Millionaire
- Go Curry Cracker: The Path to 100% Equities
- NoCo Mustachians
- Robert Farrington/The College Investor
- Travis Hornsby/Student Loan Planner
- ChooseFI Local Groups
- Connect with Mindy Jensen:
- Mile High FI Facebook Group
- Doug’s site
- Carl’s blog: 1500 Days
- Do you want a Tesla too? Save some money and get 3 months of FSD with Carl’s referral code.
Join the Mile High FI Club – It’s our email list!
Get MHFi Merch – It helps support the show. Get t-shirts & more
**Disclaimer: The podcast is for informational purposes. Maybe entertainment but we won’t even make such a claim. You shouldn’t take the info as financial, legal, or tax advice. We aren’t certified financial planners or advisors. We’re not qualified for much. So get advice from professionals.**
Brought To You By:
Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1:39 A.S.S. & bidets
8:33 Mindy & Carl missing FinCon
13:27 Doug’s FinCon recap
20:08 FinCon panels/podcast recording
26:00 Tesla purchase
36:50 End of Carl’s house projects?
46:48 Question 1: Lowering volatility
58:50 Question 2: 2024 FI events
1:00:01 Question 3: Kids & FI number
1:04:20 Question 4: Social network in retirement
1:09:53 Soundcheck – Guns N’ Roses