In this episode, Doug and Carl interview Lauren and Steven from Trip Of A Lifestyle. Steven and Lauren are a married couple who retired at just 29! He is a former high school teacher and she worked in marketing. Although neither of them ever made more than six figures in income, they were still able to retire ultra early and take a couple of trips that lasted over six months along the way.
Their story is truly inspiring. Here are a few highlights of our discussion:
- Steven bails on grad school
- Living in Hawaii for really, really cheap
- The huge advantage of keeping your expenses low
- The joy of the inverted workweek
- Their trip to 63 national parks, including their favorite (Death Valley)
- Taking a break long enough to forget your old life
- Carl and Steven debate paying off a mortgage
- Lauren and Steven recommend The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins
★ Let’s hang out at the EconoMe Conference! ★
Carl is speaking at EconoMe and Doug is attending. You can save 10% by using this coupon code: 1500
*Affiliate link so we get a commission if you buy something.