Doug and Carl interview Michael Quan from Financially Alert. Michael blogs over at Financially Alert, and recently published a book The F.I.R.E. Planner, which you can find on Amazon or at Barnes and Noble!
Special Note! Leave a YouTube comment or join our email list for a chance to win Michael’s book:
Opening: Michael talks about some childhood experiences with fire, the bad kind!
- Growing up with awesome financial role models
- Financially Alert blog: Michael’s “why” and the decision to share his net worth
- Starting and selling a business
- Real estate: long and short-term rentals
The FIRE Planner, Michael’s new book
- Why write a book?
- Income versus growth investing
- The incredible value of resourcefulness
- Finding good people to spend your time with
- Luxury cars?
- Are early retirees who work truly retired?