Doug and Carl answer a potpourri of audience questions at CampFI Rocky Mountain with help from meteorologist Kristen Knapp and frequent guest co-host/friend of the show Dusti Young.
- What is the biggest lifestyle or other changes that happen between $2.5 million, $5 million, $10 million invested, if any, assuming that you’re relatively frugal but love to travel?
- How do you move from a low-cost of living area to a high-cost of living area while pursuing FI?
- Are you more afraid of dying young or running out of money?
- Could you expound on the state of meteorology and more specifically why weather forecasts are wrong 97% of the time?
- What would you change about your finances right now?
- Is CampFI a cult?
- What are the most efficient tools to plan your FI path and to keep track of the development?
- What is your advice to fast-track pursuit of FI if real estate is not an option and index accumulation takes too long?
- If you were to start a podcast today, where would you start?
- What advice do you have to go from planning to taking action?
- How do you know you have enough money?
- Carl, do you feel you’ve changed after Ramit Sethi’s interview?
- If you could experience being any other person for 24 hours, who would you pick and why?
- How has your outlook on life changed in the past two years?
- Please address the meaning of life and whether humans have free will over the smell of their pee after eating asparagus?
- What is something you value but struggle or have hesitations spending on?
- What do you and your partner argue about?
- What kind of year has this been for you and what are you the proudest of?
Do you have a question that you want answered? If so, you can email us or head over to Buy Me A Coffee where you can also support the show.
Carl will be attending CampFI Southwest in Julian, CA on October 6-9, 2023. For those interested in attending, use the coupon code JENSEN at checkout to save 10%. https://campfi.org/event/campfi-southwest-2023/
- Jordan Grumet, Taking Stock
- Wait But Why, The Tail End
- Tim Ferriss, Mr. Money Mustache episode
- Mark’s Money Mind
- New Retirement
- Empower (formerly Personal Capital)
- Chris Hutchins
- Carl & Mindy on Ramit Sethi’s podcast
- Carl & Mindy behind the scenes on MHFI
- Connect with Kristen
- Connect with Dusti:
- Doug’s site
- Carl’s blog: 1500 Days
Join the Mile High FI Club – It’s our email list!
Get MHFi Merch – It helps support the show. Get t-shorts & more
**Disclaimer: The podcast is for informational purposes. Maybe entertainment but we won’t even make such a claim. You shouldn’t take the info as financial, legal, or tax advice. We aren’t certified financial planners or advisors. We’re not qualified for much. So get advice from professionals.**
Brought To You By:
Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2:54 Lifestyle changes
8:16 Dying young vs. running out of money
16:56 Finance changes
22:18 Cult of FI
27:29 Fast-tracking FI
38:53 Enough money
46:38 Outlook on life
57:29 Proud moments