Doug and Carl review 4 listener case studies. Listener #1 loved his 38 year career. Listener #2 is only 27, but is ready to hang up the keyboard. Listener #3 wants advice on how to leave his job. Listener #4 makes the case for going part-time.
- Intro: Doug talks about his Never Nude Ken doll. Carl talks about what his Ken doll would look like.
- Steve LOVED his career and makes the case for work.
- Ryan LOVES to ski and at the age of 27, doesn’t want to work anymore. Is this a good idea?
- Zak wants to make the jump to freelance life and is looking for advice.
- Kevin part-times his way to happiness, even though it’s delaying his FI date.
Listener Question: If your net worth magically went to $100,000,000 tomorrow, would you still work? If so, what do you do and is your employer hiring? Leave your answer in the comments.
Do you love Mile High FI? Support us at Buy Me A Coffee
Do you hate Mile High FI? Give us $100,000,000 and we’ll stop forever! Buy Me A Coffee
- JT on Mile High FI: Hitting In Big Tech
- Never Nude
- Mile High FI Facebook Group
- Doug’s site
- Carl’s blog: 1500 Days
Join the Mile High FI Club – It’s our email list!
Get MHFi Merch – It helps support the show. Get t-shirts & more
**Disclaimer: The podcast is for informational purposes. Maybe entertainment but we won’t even make such a claim. You shouldn’t take the info as financial, legal, or tax advice. We aren’t certified financial planners or advisors. We’re not qualified for much. So get advice from professionals.**
Brought To You By:
Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1:52 MHFI Dolls
6:36 Case Study 1 (Steve): Pro-Work
16:32 Case Study 2 (Ryan): Ski or work hard?
25:06 Case Study 3 (Zak): Freelancing
34:02 Case Study 4 (Kevin): Reduced schedule
40:53 Transitioning from work
47:29 What job would you work for $10MM?
55:43 Soundcheck – Barbie