Doug, Carl and special guest Mindy discuss listener questions submitted on the Mile High FI Facebook group. They talk about mortgages, what Carl would have done differently, frugality, and living in an expensive city.
- Intro: Are you on Team Pumpkin Spice? The debate exposes divisions within the Mile High FI team.
- Should you wait to buy a house?
- Carl didn’t do FIRE correctly.
- Frugality: Cell phone plans, food, and Costco tips
- I live in an expensive city. What should I do?
- Soundcheck: Mindy can say naughty words on Mile High FI. Will she?
Listener Question: Are high mortgage rates preventing you from moving or buying a home?
Mile High FI has a new sponsor, A.S.S, a DIY colonoscopy kit! We’re so excited to get behind this product! To save 10% and get a free tube of pumpkin spice lube, go to milehighfi.com/ass
- Historical mortgage rates
- Connect with Mindy Jensen:
- Mile High FI Facebook Group
- Doug’s site
- Carl’s blog: 1500 Days
Join the Mile High FI Club – It’s our email list!
Get MHFi Merch – It helps support the show. Get t-shirts & more
**Disclaimer: The podcast is for informational purposes. Maybe entertainment but we won’t even make such a claim. You shouldn’t take the info as financial, legal, or tax advice. We aren’t certified financial planners or advisors. We’re not qualified for much. So get advice from professionals.**
Brought To You By:
Email us here: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2:03 Pumpkin spice
6:31 Should I wait to buy a house?
11:10 What changes would you make yesterday?
19:45 What is Doug frugal with on a daily basis?
26:51 What is Mindy frugal with?
32:22 What is Carl frugal with?
36:15 What would you spend money on?
40:59 What to do if you’re living in a high cost of living area?
52:50 Soundcheck – Goodwill & Asparagus