Doug and Carl talk about spending big on experiences including Carl’s Taylor Swift show. When is big spending appropriate? When is it not? Is it OK to experiment with spending?
- Intro: Doug cooks in Atlanta while Carl coughs in Longmont
- Why Carl went to the Taylor Swift show
- How much Carl paid for the ticket (hint: > $999)
- Why being an old dude at a Taylor Swift show is strange
- What Doug spends money on
- Is it OK to fail with spending?
- What Doug and Carl are going to spend on this year
- Soundcheck: Carl asks Doug about the mysterious origins of his name.
Listener Question: If you had $10,000 to spend on an experience, what would it be? Leave your answer in the comments.
It’s hot in Colorado. The Mile High FI studio in Doug’s basement is hot. Help keep the studio cool and get hot stuff: Buy Me A Coffee
- Die With Zero
- Carl and Mindy: Behind the Scenes with Ramit Sethi
- How To Money
- Carl’s $10,000 private concert
- Mile High FI Facebook Group
- Doug’s site
- Carl’s blog: 1500 Days
Join the Mile High FI Club – It’s our email list!
Get MHFi Merch – It helps support the show. Get t-shirts & more
**Disclaimer: The podcast is for informational purposes. Maybe entertainment but we won’t even make such a claim. You shouldn’t take the info as financial, legal, or tax advice. We aren’t certified financial planners or advisors. We’re not qualified for much. So get advice from professionals.**
Brought To You By:
Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1:39 Recent travels
10:10 Taylor Swift concert experience
19:23 Is Carl crazy?
25:33 Spending big money
30:04 Experiments with spending
36:15 Future spending
43:58 Soundcheck – Nicknames